- always lucky
- sympathize with, attracted to
- clever, beautiful, interesting, nice smelling, fortunate in trade
- means the same as ngalih ga, an idiomatic expression meaning that you are successful in your efforts to get something that produces an income
- good taste
- ex: bangkit maan be bangkit refers to something that happens continuously, not just once, whereas aget refers to something that can happen only once, or it can be continuous. Getting a good job is aget. Having luck at betting is bangkit.
- get something easily if you want it
Selem-seleman jukut undise rasane bangkit.[example 1]
A black undis vegetable has a balanced taste. [proverb] Undis is a sort of bean that has a black color and is bitter, but very delicious to eat. The meaning is that, although something may be black on the outside, inside it may be very good. Balinese consider black color to be very bad for people, food, etc.
- F. Eiseman, Proverbs. 1987