memedim) m) di
- children are said to hide (Mider) (Noun)
- it is fond of little children and is said to kidnap them just to play with them (Mider) (Noun)
- the memedi then turns the children loose later on (Mider) (Noun)
- later it is returned unharmed (Mider) (Noun)
- the child cannot be found and is presumed lost by its parents (Mider) (Noun)
- ghost-like apparition that looks like a person (Mider) (Noun)
Bali dataran dialect
Lamun ade ujan misi matan ai, ento artine ade memedi ngelah panak
When it rains and sun also shining, it means there is ghost somewhere giving a birth.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
In Balinese: Tradisi sane wenten makadi Usaba Dalem, Usaba Dangsil, miwah Usaba Memedi.
In Balinese: Kakawian marupa satua cutet
Togog (1977) Hilang (2001) Tali Rapiah (2002) I Kentung Uling Lodtungkang (2002) Memedi (2004) Helikopter (2004) Alikan Gumi (2004) Kenangan Indah di Toyabungkah (2004) Laraning Carita ring Kuta (2002) Pongah (2005) Sepeda Baru (2005)Sang Nandaka (2007)