- the colors symbolize Brahma, Iswara, and Wisnu
- thin string, sewing thread
- woven fish line, usually made of nylon
- white string used to connect and lead pretima and other holy objects in a religious procession
- red, white, and black yarn with a kepeng at each end put around the waist, crossed over the chest, and with the ends placed over shoulders of a person in certain Manusa Yadnya ceremonies
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Buka benangne suba kadung maceleban.
Meaning: Like thread that has already been plunged into water, refers to two people who have been married should stay together and not get divorced.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
In Balinese: Satonden ada COVID-19, bebeke aukud adep aji telung benang tali rupiah, jani tuah aji setiman tali rupiah suba mael.
In Balinese: Sasampun anake mabakti tur nunas tirtha, ipun nganggen benang putih sane kasengguh “benang tetebus” maduluran antuk pinunas mangda ipun setata seger oger, dirgayusa, tur setata maparilaksana becik.
In English: Therefore, every 35 days, there is the same combination of Pancawara and Saptawara.
In Indonesian: Karena itu, setiap 35 hari sekali, ada gabungan Pancawara dan Saptawara yang sama.