- Tiang lakar meli montor dogen = I am only going to buy a car (even though i could buy someething more expensive)
- but cannot always be used to mean only exactly as in English. Bantes means no more (or less) than
- I Fred dogen = it's only Fred
- Dogen is used for only, in the sense of no other than
- rahina Saniscarane dogen = it's only Saturday
- for example, Bantes montor ngidayang meli = I can just buy a car (but nothing more (expensive)
- Bantes umah ngidaang ngae = I can just (afford to) build a house
- Bantes daar ngidaang ngalih = I can just (afford to) buy food (but nothing more expensive)
- just (in the sense of only)
Bantes nenem maan ngalih.
I can just get six of them (and no more, because I don't have enough money).