- easily recognizable because individual rice grains are clearly visible
- may be decorated with colored rice or colored sugar syrup
- made of whole grain (sticky rice) that is steamed, soaked in water, steamed again, and then shaped into slabs, cylinders, disks with raised edges, and other forms
- after steaming begina is dried in the sun until it is crisp, after which it can be stored for a long time. When ready for use, the cakes are fried, during which time they expand. Begina that has been scorched is called sisig, and is an important ingredient in the offering called tepung tawar.
- most common type of dry rice cake (jaja tuh), usually made just for offerings
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Gede: "Yee Bu Komang, ngudiang nike buk ?"[example 1]
Bu Komang: "Tiang ngoreng jaja" Gede: "Jaja napi nike buk?"Bu Komang: "Jaja begina"
Gede: "Hey Mrs. Komang, what are you doing?"
Mrs. Komang: "I'm frying a snack" Gede: "What is that?"Mrs. Komang: "Begina snack"
Property "Word example text en" (as page type) with input value "Gede: "Hey Mrs. Komang, what are you doing?"
Mrs. Komang: "I'm frying a snack" Gede: "What is that?"Mrs. Komang: "Begina snack"" contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
Meme ngoreng jaja begina lakar anggon banten galungan.
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.
- Eka Yuda Sanjaya