- powder fragrant
- sometimes called uras
- uap is a special kind of medicine that is used as a poultice on the stomach
- sweet smelling yellow-tan powder made of perfumed sawdust, mixed into a paste with water and used on canang and other offerings, and sometimes smeared beehind the ear as a kind of deodorant
- medicine: external
- the sawdust is supposed to be sandalwood, but, because of the expense of real sandalwood, it usually is something cheaper
- security, guarantee, warranty, collateral
- general word for any sort of traditional medicine that is used externally
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Ia maboreh kayue.
Literally: He is putting boreh on woode; a rather far-fetched pun that means that a person has been fired from his job, because putting boreh on wood is like painting wood, macat, and the word for being fired from a job is mapecat.
I Made nulungin méméné ngaé boréh ane malakar aji baas miwah cekuh.
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Community Spaces
In Balinese: Sewai-wai gaenange bubuh, uligange boreh.
In Indonesian: Walaupun demikian prilaku kakaknya I Grantang masih menerima dengan baik.
In Balinese: Niki kuluk tiange anggen boreh!” keto I Celempung matur teken jro kelian, ane kadingehang teken para krama banjara makejang.
In Balinese: Ento iwasin Luh Ayu sedek ngaenang wake boreh”.
In Balinese: To iwasin, Luh Ayu Manik sedek ngaenang icang boreh!”
I Lutung matolihan, saja tingalina Luh Ayu Manik sedeng itepa magae.
In Indonesian: Apalagi sangat disayang hingga dibuatkan boreh dan saat makan disuapi oleh Luh Ayu Manik.