- the sawdust is supposed to be sandalwood, but, because of the expense of real sandalwood, it usually is something cheaper
- general word for any sort of traditional medicine that is used externally
- security, guarantee, warranty, collateral
- uap is a special kind of medicine that is used as a poultice on the stomach
- powder fragrant
- sweet smelling yellow-tan powder made of perfumed sawdust, mixed into a paste with water and used on canang and other offerings, and sometimes smeared beehind the ear as a kind of deodorant
- sometimes called uras
- medicine: external
Ia maboreh kayue.
Literally: He is putting boreh on woode; a rather far-fetched pun that means that a person has been fired from his job, because putting boreh on wood is like painting wood, macat, and the word for being fired from a job is mapecat.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Dictionary
In Balinese: Sewai-wai gaenange bubuh, uligange boreh.