- the body is a river that flows from the mountains to the sea
- along its route are the products of the harvest, tied to the pole
- at the foot of the pole is a temporary shrine. On the day before Galungan, Panampahan Galungan, every family is supposed to erect a penjor just outside his front gate. Each village or area has a distinctive style.
- Decorated whole bamboo pole with flowers and agricultural produce which are stuck in front of a house or a temple during an important religious ceremony
- offering consisting of a bamboo pole with decorations
- the arched top represents Gunung Agung
Cara penjor: ane leser matanem, ane lengkong mapayasin.
Literally: Like a penjor, the straight part is buried, the crooked part is decorated; refers to something that looks bad, but may have a hidden good characteristic.
Q: Om Swastiastu. Hari ini ..e.. wenten semeton dari Bali ke Amerika makarya penjor. Kanggeang, apa adanya. Pak Gusti niki.. dari Bona?[example 1]
A: Niki ampun puput niki. Q: Nggih A: Kanggeang. SawenteneQ: Nggih.
Q; Om Swastiastu. Today... err... a fellow Balinese has come to America to make a penjor. Do take it as it is, we have to do with a lot of things here. Here is Mr. Gusti... who comes from Bona.
A: I'm already finished here. Q: I see. A: Please don't be offended with the result. We have to do with whatever we can find here.Q: I understand.
⚙ Automatically collected usage examples
In Balinese: Duaning punika, pamerintah sinareng para pamucuk agamane sampun nombang kramane nganggen lelakaran aprani anggen lakar penjor.
In English: This is a good milestone to save the environment.
In Indonesian: Ini adalah sebuah langkah yang baik untuk menjaga alam.
In Balinese: Ring rahina puniki, sami penjore kapralina lan kageseng (dados cingakin indik penjor ring entri Galungan).
In Balinese: Manut tattwa, penjor kaanggen ritatkala galungan patutne malakar antuk raremahan prani.
In English: Pegatwakan day falls 35 days after Galungan.
In Indonesian: Hari raya ini jatuh 35 hari setelah Galungan.
- Novi Djangkuak