- along its route are the products of the harvest, tied to the pole
- the arched top represents Gunung Agung
- the body is a river that flows from the mountains to the sea
- Decorated whole bamboo pole with flowers and agricultural produce which are stuck in front of a house or a temple during an important religious ceremony
- offering consisting of a bamboo pole with decorations (Mider) (Noun)
- at the foot of the pole is a temporary shrine. On the day before Galungan, Panampahan Galungan, every family is supposed to erect a penjor just outside his front gate. Each village or area has a distinctive style.
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Cara penjor: ane leser matanem, ane lengkong mapayasin.
Literally: Like a penjor, the straight part is buried, the crooked part is decorated; refers to something that looks bad, but may have a hidden good characteristic.
Property "Word example text en" (as page type) with input value "Q; Om Swastiastu. Today... err... a fellow Balinese has come to America to make a penjor. Do take it as it is, we have to do with a lot of things here. Here is Mr. Gusti... who comes from Bona.</br>A: I'm already finished here.</br>Q: I see.</br>A: Please don't be offended with the result. We have to do with whatever we can find here.</br>Q: I understand." contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
Q: Om Swastiastu. Hari ini ..e.. wenten semeton dari Bali ke Amerika makarya penjor. Kanggeang, apa adanya. Pak Gusti niki.. dari Bona?[example 1]
A: Niki ampun puput niki. Q: Nggih A: Kanggeang. SawenteneQ: Nggih.
Q; Om Swastiastu. Today... err... a fellow Balinese has come to America to make a penjor. Do take it as it is, we have to do with a lot of things here. Here is Mr. Gusti... who comes from Bona.
A: I'm already finished here. Q: I see. A: Please don't be offended with the result. We have to do with whatever we can find here.Q: I understand.
Bapan I Made ngae penjor sabilang rahina galungan.
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
In Balinese: Ring rahina puniki, sami penjore kapralina lan kageseng (dados cingakin indik penjor ring entri Galungan).
In English: On this day, penjors are removed and burnt to ashes (you can see some more about penjor on Galungan entry).
In Indonesian: Pada hari Pegatwakan, penjor dicabut dan dibakar (Anda bisa melihat sekilas tentang penjor di entri Galungan).
- Novi Djangkuak