- S. samarangense, wax apple, Java apple
- Syzygium aqueum (Myrtaceae)
- S. jambos, roseapple. Medium size tree with short, crooked trunk
- water apple, bell fruit, (various varieties), common succulent, crisp fruits of various colors, shapes, and sizes
- leaves opposite, elliptical, pointed, up to 25 x 16 cm
- should not be confused with jambu biji (Psidium guajava), the guava, which is of the same botanical family
- fruit is bell shaped, usually shiny or translucent, somewhat lobed at the lower end, crispy, juicy, slightly aromatic. Different varieties and species vary in color, appearance, and size.
- Balinese use the term nyambu or jambu to refer to several species of this fruit: S. aqueum, water apple or bell fruit
- S. malaccense, Malay apple
- rose apple
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
I meme meli jambu di peken
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.