- one of the tones of the five tones in Balinese gamelan (music) (Mider) (Noun)
- between dang and ding of the next octave there are two whole tones
- the musical notation for ding is the ulu, like an upside down U
- music first note of one of the pentatonic Balinese musical scales which consists of the notes: ding, dong, deng, dung, dang
- in the pelog scale the interval between ding and dong is one whole tone
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Silih tunggil panca nada ring gambelan Bali inggih punika ding.
One of the five notes of Balinese gamelan is ding.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
In Balinese: Ding sajeroning upacara Magobag-gobagan, para yowanane kapahpah dados kalih kelompok inggih punika sane lanag miwah sane istri.
In English: According to the local bendesa, everyone can take a shower and ask for purification in the combination of the two rivers.
In Indonesian: Menuju perayaan Galungan, masyarakat Banjar Sala, Desa Abuan, Kecamatan Susut, Bangli melakukan ritual Masiram Toya Daha.