- no important uses in Bali, although young leaves can be eaten as a vegetable.
- tree Erythrina fusca (Leguminosae - Papilionoideae)
- purple coral tree, coral bean, bucayo
- common, often tall, thorny tree with alternate, trifoliate leaves that have ovate to elliptical leaflets
- odorless but showy flowers are borne on drooping racemes and are pale brick-red to salmon colored. Close relative of dapdap and dlungdung, but can be distinguished from them by shape of leaves
mabunga canging; (paribahasa)[example 1]
No translation exists for this example.
Cara i tengah bungan canging, ngeronyoh goba dogen, sing ada kamiikane.
Like the center of a canging flower, it looks nice, but it has no fragrance. The meaning is that appearances can be deceiving.
- Kamus Bali-Indonesia Edisi 2 tahun 2008 hal 143