- often wrapped in clear plastic to keep from sticking to adjacent pieces
- rice cake (jaja) in the form of a slab with clearly visible thin layers of different colors
- colors vary from maker to maker, but are usually red, green, white, and colorless, or sometimes brown and white also
- made with coconut milk, rice flour, and cane sugar, sometimes with kanji added to give it a gelatin-like consistency
- a thin batter of the dough is poured into a pan, steamed a few minutes, a second layer added and steamed, and so on until the cake is completed
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Dictionary
No examples collected yet.