- the brother or sister spirits believed born with each human, accompanying him or her throughout life and thereafter, guarding and helping if treated properly, causing problems if not
- can be used for noble or evil ends, depending upon the individual
- they change names and duties early in the child's life. The kanda empat are:1. yeh nyom (amniotic fluid), 2. getih (blood), 3. lamad (vernix caseosa = fatty material covering the skin of a fetus), and 4. ari-ari (umbilical cord). The cardinal and color designations are: 1. Yeh Nyom - Amniotic Fluid - Black - North - Anggapati
- 2. Rah - Blood - Red -South - Merajapati
- 3. Lamas - Vernix caseosa - Yellow West - Banaspati
- 4. Ari-ari - Placenta - White - East - Banaspati Raja. These orientations differ from the Buana Agung (Macrocosm) because the yeh nyom comes out of the mother first, from the North. Buana Agung starts at the east, at the sun's rising: Anggapati = East, Merajapati = South, Banaspati= West, Banaspati Raja = North. See Catur Sanak
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Iraga pastika kajaga olih kanda pat sane wenten ritatkala iraga embas.
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.