- thin peeling from the flat, top part of papah nyuh, the coconut leaf stem, taken from the outer end and peeled back toward the point of attachment
- strong longitudinal fibers
- it is sliced lengthwise to make string, tali guntung , somewhat similar to tiing tali, but not as strong (compare kupas made from banana stem, which is quite weak)
- comemonly used to tie temporarily sickle (arit) to bamboo pole (juan) to cut coconuts from tree
- cut rice/paddy without the stem included (Verb)
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Guntungé anggona negul slepané baan I Dadong
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
In Balinese: Raris, ulam bawi punika kadadosang lawar sane kabaos Lawar Guntung.
In English: Then, the pork is processed into a special type of lawar called Lawar Guntung.
In Indonesian: Kemudian, daging babi itu diolah menjadi jenis lawar khas yang disebut Lawar Guntung.