- the gegilik is placed on top of the short ends of ambengan and tied all the way through the roof so as to secure the ends
- this part is then covered by an overlapping layer of tied ambengan
- word comes from gelik, meaning a round stick.
- small decorative hoop that is sewed into place just below the rim of some kinds of baskets
- also refers to the strip of wood that is used to tie the long grass (ambengan) that is used on a thatched roof
- the grass is bent upwards over a piece of wood called jejalon, then bent all the way back over itself
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Gegilik pisan batuné puniki misi macawang barak
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.