- the gegilik is placed on top of the short ends of ambengan and tied all the way through the roof so as to secure the ends
- this part is then covered by an overlapping layer of tied ambengan
- word comes from gelik, meaning a round stick.
- small decorative hoop that is sewed into place just below the rim of some kinds of baskets
- also refers to the strip of wood that is used to tie the long grass (ambengan) that is used on a thatched roof
- the grass is bent upwards over a piece of wood called jejalon, then bent all the way back over itself
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.