- can be processed into a cuisine called 'ares', besides it is used as a means of ceremony and other purposes en
- banana stem, often sliced to use as pig food, or boiled with spices to make the vegetable called ares (Mider) (Noun) en
- used as the base into which Wayang Kulit puppets are stuck during a performance, also used as the central column of a high offering into which cakes, fruits, etc., are skewered. (Mider) (Noun) en
- batang pisang (Mider) (Noun) id
- dapat diolah menjadi masakan berkuah yang disebut 'ares', selain itu digunakan sebagai sarana upacara dan keperluan lainnya id
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Luung-luungan gedebong , tusing makelo tuwuhne.
Literally: the very best banana stems don't last for a long time; said about apparently attractive things that are only short-lived.
Ulah egar I Nyoman Punduh maan meli TV ane mudah. Mara anggona aminggu, suba usak Tvne tusing ngenah gambar. Peh. . saja luung-luungan , tusing makelo tuuhne.[example 1]
I Nyoman Punduh was so happy when he bought an inexpensive TV. After a week, his TV was broken, there was no picture at all. Well …it's true that however good a banana trunk is, it wouldn't last long.
Lalita: "Engken to, Mbo Tu."[example 2]
Dila: "Ne, Mbo matatu." Lalita: "Yen matatu, kerikan gedebong ubadne."Pelut lan kutang kulit gedebong ane paling sisi. Kerik kulit gedebong sane nyalig. Tempel kerikan gedebong ring tatune.
Lalita: "What is happening, Sis?"
Dila: "I've cut myself." Lalita: "For the cut, scraping from banana trunk is the treatment."Peel and discard the outer layer of the trunk. Scrape the soft layer. Put the scraping on the cut.
Buka negakin gedebonge; tau teken jit belus.[example 3]
(proverb) Like sitting on a gedebong; he knows his rear end is wet. Someone who sits on a banana stem knows that he will get wet in the rear end. Said of a person who acknowledges that he has made a mistake.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Community Spaces
In Balinese: Ring rahina punika, wargi Banjar Pabean makarya prau-prauan agengnyane apangawak anak kelih, malakar antuk pering, gedebong miwah sarwa ron.
In English: On that day, the Banjar Pabean people make an adult-sized boat made of bamboo, banana trees and leaves.
In Indonesian: Pada hari itu, masyarakat Banjar Pabean membuat perahu-perahuan seukuran orang dewasa yang terbuat dari bambu, pohon pisang dan dedaunan.
- Fred Eiseman
- Taru Pramana
- Fred Eiseman Jr - Proverbs, 1987