- Fruit that smells like hell, and tastes like heaven.
- large, coconut size ellipsoidal fruit of a very tall tree that grows in the higher parts of Bali
- fruit is covered with large, sharp spikes
- broken open it reveals segments that contain a creamy custard-like material that has a strong distinctive odor
- the odor is offenesive to many people, but the taste of the fruit appeals to some.
- a pungent, custardy fruit (L: Durio zibethinus)
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Nasak durian, nasak manggis?[example 1]
Literally: a ripe durian, ripe mangosteen?; A ripe durian smells, but a ripe mangosteen has no odor; a man goes to find a pretty girl, no matter how far away, but a girl does not go far to seek a man.
whole durian fruit
durian cut open
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.
- _______. 2016. Kamus Bali-Indonesia Edisi ke-3. Denpasar. Balai Bahasa Bali