- fruit of the tamarind tree, a medium to tall tree that is common in the drier parts of Bali, the fruits of which are large pods that contain many large seeds embedded in a sour, sticky, dark brown pulp, celagi or lunak, that is widely used in cooking as a source of a sour flavor, asem, much as Westerners would use lemon juice
- it is usually sold packaged in plastic, with or without seeds
- pulp must be mixed with water and strained to remove seeds and fiber.
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Maangsegan tiang di akah punyan celagine, matolihan tiang ka turus dapdape ento.[example 1]
No translation exists for this example.
Apa donne serining-serining buahne lengkong arit? (paribasa: cecimpedan)[example 2]
What has many small leaves and fruit that is curved like an ‘arit’ (sickle)? [riddle] Tamarind.
Property "Word example text en" (as page type) with input value "What has many small leaves and fruit that is curved like an ‘arit’ (sickle)? [riddle] Tamarind." contains invalid characters or is incomplete and therefore can cause unexpected results during a query or annotation process.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.
- Blanjong Oleh Ni Made Ari Dwijayanthi halaman 46
- F. Eiseman, Proverbs. 1987