- large container made of coconut shell with string, formerly used, among other things, to contain salt
- any kind of salt container
- shape is like a tambang, but calung has a top
- smaller of the two five-keyed instruments in the gong kebyar
- it plays the core melody of the composition
Bali dataran dialect
I Wayan maan duman ngisi calung di sekaa gong truna-trunine; Ia suba kadung calung maidih-idihan di pisaga.
No translation exists for this example.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.