- Citrus microcarpa (Rutaceae)
- smallest of the Balinese citrus fruits, sometimes known as the musk lime, having a limy odor and a bitter taste
- used only as a spice in a few kinds of food, such as jukut don tuwi and jukut kangkung
- it is also used in some sambels
- and it is used in some medicines, such as certain kinds of loloh. Lemo is never eaten alone as a fruit. It is normally sold in the spice section of the market, not with the fruits. It is yellow to dark green, shaped like a flattened sphere, about 1.5 cm. in diameter and 1 cm. high. It has a rather smooth, thick skin, but this skin is not bound tightly to the juicy part within. The flesh is light lime green and sectioned. There are many small flattened seeds throughout flesh.
- musk lime
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Ane paling utama, yen ‘kal ngae sambel matah: nganggo bawang, sera, tabia lan lengis nyuh. Eda ngengsap ngisinin limo.[example 1]
First and foremost, the ingredients that are used when making the raw chili sauce are onion, shrimp paste, chili and coconut oil. Don’t forget to put kaffir lime juice.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.
- BASAbali software