- sometimes grated coconut is added
- rice cake
- soft dark brown rice cake (jaja) that is usually wrapped in a banana leaf or cut into slabs without wrapping
- made from a mixture of ordinary rice flour and black rice (injin) flour
- these are heated on a hot metal surface until partially cooked
- then coconut milk and palm sugar are added, a dough is made, and the cake is steamed
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
In Balinese: Somahe kal tunden ngae jaja iwel, buin mani kal giling cara tain cicing.
In Indonesian: Istrinya disuruh buat jajan iwel.
In Balinese: Ia ngaba ungkusan jaja iwel lan yeh mawadah pucung.
In Indonesian: Pagi hari, Pan Balang Tamak bergegas ke balai banjar.