- leaf veins, petioles, and stipules are red when young
- small, yellow figs, up to about 12 mm. diameter. Formerly the main source of commercial rubber throughout the tropics until replaced by Hevea brasiliensis. Rubber is obtained from the latex tapped from the trunk.
- Ficus elastica (Moraceae)
- India rubber fig tree, uncommon on the Bukit. Can reach 50 m. but Balinese trees are much smaller. Abundant aerial roots
- simple, oval, leathery leaves, somewhat pointed at each end, up to 35 cm. long