- tree lbizia falcata (Leguminosae) (Noun)
- common large, fast growing tree of the higher elevations of Bali the soft wood of which is used mostly for carvings that are to be painted. It is a tall deciduous tree to 30 m tall, 1 m in diameter. Leaves alternate, bipinnate, 23e30 cm long, covered with short, soft h airs, the pinnae 20e24, 5e10 cm long, each with 30e40 paired leaflets, without stalks obliquely oblong, 6e12 mm long, 3e5 mm broad, shortly acute. Panicles large, 20e25 cm long, lateral, the numerous flowers without stalks, white, about 10e12 mm long (Noun)
- the calyx 5-toothed, corolla 5-lobate, ca 6 mm long (Noun)
- stamens slender, more than 12 mm long (Noun)
- ovary narrow, the style slender. Pods 10e13 cm long, 2 cm wide, flat, acute, green, turning brown, papyraceous, dehiscent. Seeds 15e20 per pod, kidney shaped to oblong, about 6 mm long, brown (Noun)
⚙ Automatically collected usage examples
No examples collected yet.