- closely related to common ginger Zingiber officinale
- segments of the rhizome are larger than those of ginger
- more commonly used in traditional skin lotion medicines than as a spice
- used sparingly as a spice in the mixture called wangen
- Zingiber cassumunar - a rhizome from the family Zingiberaceae
Bali dataran dialect
Bali aga dialect
Ubad Sakit Sirah: Umbah duang jari Bangle sareng duang jari jahe. Kikih makesami. Tereg ring gidat; pelipis tuek baong.[example 1]
A cure for headache: wash 2 pieces of Bangle and 2 pieces of Ginger and grate them together. The mixture is then applied to the forehead, the temples and down to the neck.
⚙ Usage examples pulled from the Virtual Library
No examples collected yet.
- Usada Semeton Muntigunung; Zukunft fur Kinder